Our Patient Participation Group which has been running for the past 9 years but one of the members has recently decided to step down. We are therefore looking to recruit a replacement.
The idea of patient participation groups is to give patients a say in how their GP practice run.
The only requirements to join the group are :-
If you are interested in joining the group then please send us an email to :- firstname.lastname@example.org
Although we always try to process all repeat prescription requests within 2 working days, there may be occasions when it takes longer – particularly if there are queries that require further investigation. This can be for a variety of reasons but may result in prescriptions being delayed and may take an extra day to process. For this reason it is vital that patients order their prescription in plenty of time – ideally a week before it is due to factor in this possibility.
The Covid-19 vaccination programme is now up and running. We will contact patients in due course when appointments are available but please do not contact the surgery to book an appointment unless we ask you to do so.
Dr Noble would like to thank everyone who has sent her well wishes, cards and gifts following her recent retirement.
We wish to announce the retirement of our Senior Partner Dr Gillian Noble in July 2020. Dr Noble has been a partner at White Medical Group for over 30 years, and is a dear friend, colleague, and doctor to many. She will be greatly missed by all the primary care team and patients. We would like to take this opportunity to thank her for all her dedication, hard work and support, and wish her a wonderful, happy retirement, with much opportunity to spend great times with her family and friends, more time for running, yoga and tending her beautiful garden. We will miss her smiling face and her zest for life at work!
As a result of the current unprecedented Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation, we have made significant changes to our appointment system :-
1) All appointments are now via telephone where possible to minimise the direct contact between patients and clinicians. The only exceptions to this are :-
a) Where a patient needs a physical examination
b) Vaccinations, immunisations and injections
c) Blood tests
2) Please do not come into the surgery unless you have a pre-arranged face to face appointment or are coming to collect medication. If you do come into the surgery then you must wear a face covering. Patients who refuse to wear a face covering without a valid reason may be asked to leave.
3) If you can’t get through to us by phone then routine requests can be emailed to us at email@example.com. Alternatively use the eConsult option via our website.
4) Please ensure that we have your update mobile phone number as we are sending text messages where possible to keep patients up to date with what is happening.
5) Anyone booking an appointment will be asked why they need to be seen so we can screen patients for potential symptoms of coronavirus.
6) All non-urgent activity is currently suspended until further notice e.g. Minor Surgery.
The one downside of running a system of telephone consultations is that it will increase the pressure on our phone system as we only have a limited number of lines into our buildings. Therefore we would ask you to be patient when waiting to get through on the phone.
If you wish to allow third party access to your medical records then we will need this to be authorised in writing. Please complete the form below and return it to us.
We appreciate that our current waiting time for appointments is much longer than we would ideally like and would apologise for the length of time patients are having to wait.
To help alleviate the pressure on the practice there is a new service available which operates out of Corbridge Health Centre where routine appointments to see a GP or Health Care Assistant are available. These appointments are available on a weekday (Monday – Friday) between 6.30pm and 8pm and also on a Saturday between 9am – 5pm.
The current waiting time for this service is 1-2 working days and is open to all registered patients.
If you would like to book an appointment at Corbridge please contact our reception staff in the normal way.
Patients are invited to give feedback about the care and treatment they have received from White Medical Group. Please click on the link at the top of this page.
Patients can book routine GP appointment and blood tests online by clicking on the buttons above. This will also allow patients to order repeat prescriptions.
In order to use this service you will need to register. If you would like to register please inform one of our receptionists and we will arrange for a PIN number and details of how to access this service to be sent to you through the post.